Depending on which country you are living you may be able to obtain your study permit faster through the Student Direct Stream (SDS). Applications for study permit under SDS are normally processed within 20 calendar days.
To be eligible to apply under SDS, you must:
- be a legally residing in 1 of the following countries:
- the Philippines
Note: If you are living in any other country not mentioned in the list of countries above then you are not eligible to apply under SDS , even if you’re a citizen of one of the countries above. In this scenario you will have to apply under Regular study permit application process.
- have been accepted to an post-secondary designated learning institution and must have obtained an acceptance letter from the institute
- have paid the tuition fees for your first year of study
- living outside of Canada at the time of the application
- proof that you have obtained a Guaranteed Investment Certificate(GIC) of $10,000
- get a medical exam before you apply (if you need one)
- get a police certificate before you apply (if you need one)
- have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
- have a language test result that shows:
- a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
- a Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
Your spouse/partner and children can also come to Canada with you.
Your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children may also be able to get faster processing on a
- visitor visa
- work permit
- study permit
The application for your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children must be submitted along with your application. If you don’t, IRCC will not process their applications faster. When you apply online, indicate that you have family members coming with you to Canada. This lets you complete their applications with yours.