Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

After you  have gained  skilled experience in Canada,  have a good knowledge of English and/or  French while on student or temporary work permit visa can apply under Canadian Experience class to gain permanent residency in Canada.

This program is basically basically tailored for temporary foreign workers and foreign graduates with qualifying Canadian work experience who wish to gain permanent resident status.

Eligibility Criteria for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry)

In order to be eligible to apply the applicant should:-

1. Have experience in the skills mentioned in National Occupation Code(NOC) i.e. experience in one of the


Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)

Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)

Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

2. Have at least 12 months of full time working experience in the nominated occupation in past three years preceding the application.

3. Have past experience as per the guidelines of authority to work associated with the visa.

4. Meet minimum language requirement either in English or French. Language level requirements vary with the type of skilled occupation applying for and are as follows:-

For occupations in Category 0, A

English-At least 6.0 in all the our modules of IELTS.

French-At least in Speaking-309, Listening-248, Reading-206,Writing-309

For occupations in Category B

English-At least in Speaking-5.0, Listening-5.0, Reading-4.0, Writing-5.0

French-At least in Speaking-225, Listening-180, Reading-150, Writing-225

5. Not plan to live in Quebec

Self-employment and work experience as a student :-

Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student . Co-op work term doesn’t count under this program.

Education Requirements :-

There is no specific education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. You can improve your rank in the express entry pool  for immigration purposes with the following scenarios:

  • If you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution
  • If you have foreign education, you can get points for a completed foreign educational qualification, and an Education Credential Assessment report for immigration purposes from a  designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution