Heading block for you
Students after completing education from eligible educational institution can apply and obtain Post Graduation Work Permit. It is an an open work permit, with the following benefits:
- no job offer requirement
- a duration of up to 3 years (depending on the official length of program completed)
- eligibility for Provincial Healthcare
Eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have maintained full-time status in Canada every academic semester, with the exception of your last academic semester.
- You must apply for a work permit within 180 days of receiving . a final transcript or an official letter confirming program completion.
- If you are applying from inside Canada at the time of application, you must hold a valid study permit or have valid visitor status.
IMPORTANT! You can only obtain a PGWP once in your lifetime.
180-day deadline to apply: Important Information
If you wish to apply for a PGWP, you must do so within 180 days from the first date you receive official written confirmation of completion of studies (either Senate meeting date or letter from Service Point, whichever comes first). You can apply for your PGWP as soon as you have proof of completion of your program requirements. You do not have to wait the 180 days to apply.
Within the 180 days from the date you apply for your PGWP, you must hold or have held a valid Study Permit. If your study permit expired prior to you receiving proof of completion of studies, you will not have the full 180 days from proof of completion of your studies to apply for your PGWP.
YOUR DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR YOUR PGWP IS:
- 180 days from official written confirmation of completion of studies; or
- 180 days from expiration of Study Permit
whichever comes first.
Some error has occured.