Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

As of June 18, 2019, you may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:

  • meet the eligibility requirements, and
  • have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Home Child Care Support Pilot targets applicants having experience in NOC 4411 while the Home Support Worker targets applicants having experience in NOC  4412.

Pilot program highlights

  1. Does not need LMIA
  2. Ability for caregivers to change jobs as the work permit is only occupation related and not tied to an specific employer. 
  3.  Family members will be eligible to accompany caregivers and will be eligible to apply for open work permits and/or study permits.
  4. You can gain work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence.