Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
PNP program is a route to Canadian permanent residence.
This program is for applicants who:
- have the skills, education and work experience and can contribute to the economy of a specific province in Canada
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province has its own immigration programs called “streams” and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
Learn more about Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs below:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) nominates people for permanent residence in Alberta. Nominees must have skills and abilities to fill job shortages in Alberta, and be able to provide for their families. The program is run by both the Alberta government and the federal government.
This program consists of following three streams:
1. The Alberta Opportunity Stream
2. The Alberta Express Entry Stream
3. The Self-Employed Farmer Stream.